Classroom Activities & Projects
Shoe DetectiveLevel: 6-7 years old
- Strengthening observation skills
- Give students an opportunity to put in use some of the vocabulary to describe matter and materials
The teacher should lead the class in this activity. With older students the teacher may decide to divide the class into small groups and have them work on the questions independently. The teacher finds five shoes from the web exhibition 'What's My Line' before the activity begins. On the black board write the six questions that appear in Worksheet 1: Investigating Shoes
- What is the name of the shoe?
- What is it made of?
- In what place would you wear it?
- For what activities is it useful?
- In what type of weather is it useful?
- Who would wear it?
After the class has answered the questions for each shoe, hand out a copy of the worksheet to each student. Ask students to copy the information onto the worksheet to have a record of the activity.